Wednesday 4 September 2013

Travel Day -1 (Amanha e o meu ultimo dia aqui - Tomorrow is my last day here)

It all starts tomorrow.  Today I finished handing over my outstanding work to my colleagues - I am fortunate to have a very supportive group of team-mates who will take over and finish what I have started so I can arrive in Brazil and focus on our work there. Tonight (my time) we have our final weekly "Brazil 14" team call and briefing. Final instructions and advice and then we are really on our way.

As part of my share of our team's work I've started by developing a plan for the four weeks. It shouldn't come as a surprise to me but do you realise just how little you can cram into 4 weeks!  Still, at least we have something to discuss and fine tune when we meet, which won't be long now.  Some of the team are already there and by Saturday Brazil time we all will be.

The one thing I can't say I am particularly looking forward to the 16 flying hours I have to put in, plus the time in airport lounges between the three flights, but I am sure it will all be worth it.  And some of the team have much longer journeys than me. I will console myself by thinking that it is not the 23 hours flying time back to the UK that I know and love so much!

Depending on access it may be a day or two before I blog again - in the meantime ate mais tarde.

#ibmcsc brazil

1 comment:

  1. All the best for the trip and your experience as an IBM representative on CSC! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, and if the blog so far is anything to go by, we'll all be kept well up to date with your experiences!

    ReplyDelete